Each year, Preservation Chicago compiles a list of what they consider to be the seven most endangered sites in the city. This year's roster, announced today, included Jackson Park and South Shore Cultural Center parkland; as well as Chicago's 20th Century public sculptures.
Other sites that made the list include:
- The water cribs along the lakefront.
- Blocks 11, 12, 13 of Altgeld Gardens on the South Side.
- The Union Station Power House in the South Loop.
- Madison-Pulaski commercial district in West Garfield Park.
- Cornell Store and Flats in Greater Grand Crossing area
The Chicago Tribune ran the story with detail and photos. Preservation Chicago is committed to strengthening the vibrancy of Chicago’s economy and quality of life by championing the city's historic built environment. This annual list is one of their many worthwhile efforts.